Monday, January 24, 2011

Everybody Loves a Comeback

Due to popular demand, I have decided to return to blogging regularly. I had a long break, then my computer stopped working and I've had way too many days off from work due to "snow".

FOOD
-Ruby Tuesday has some awesome ribs, which I've said before, but still. Additionally, if you go to a Ruby Tuesday, you should try out one of the Pear Lavender Martinis.
-There's is this amazing Korean place near where we live that has amazing kim-chi and bulgogi. Granted, it's no China House, from home. I guess it'll do.
-Home Cooked: The lady made this awesome Chinese lo-mein type food with "San-J Sweet and Tangy Polynesian Glazing & Dipping". It's also really good for fish, as I found out today. Mashed potatoes; my special mashed potatoes (is there really any other kind?). Additionally: Chili. Fortunately for me, She makes the best effing chili ever. mmm... and use tortilla chips instead of a spoon... so good. I'm struggling to think of anything else that I ate because the thoughts of chili are clouding my judgment. COOKIES. Molasses cookies. That's about all of the delicious edibles that my brain can handle thinking before I die of desire to eat more.

Entertainment
-I saw Tangled in theater (IN 2D! I'm so sick of the 3D movement.) It was childish and cute and endearing, everything I want from a Disney movie. Additionally, if you have  DVR or free time and AREN'T watching Monk, you should be. I'd forgotten how funny the show was.
-I'm STILL reading the Dresden Files. They're still good. I'm on book ten now. If you haven't been paying attention, the first book is call Storm Front and it's about Chicago's only resident wizard for hire, Harry Dresden. He super sleuths around, saving the day through a little skill, a little work and a lot of luck... also magic. Lots of magic.

Pathfinder
-There are several sessions for me to catch up on.
-We explored a lead to find a lost holy artifact at the bottom of a mile deep quarry and defeated some kind of polymorphing dragon wizard thing who summoned stone elementals to do his bidding, the jerk. We fought all of them and found ourselves allied with some captured monk, who seemed to stick with us so far. After passing THAT trial, we entered what I can only think to refer to as a cathedral, albeit without the influence of The Almighty. In said location was a giant golem who enslaved a fire spirit to power his ... I don't even know, really. But that's what happened.
-Next .... I'm sorry buddy, I can't recall. I tried and I tried, but I can't remember the next session.
-this PAST session was mine. We were residing in the ocean front fortress of Azgar. After some reports of craziness, advice from a witch, and a missing Mayor's daughter, we were on our way. On route, we found a giant spire guarded by a dragon. It housed... you guessed it, the lost daughter. But the day wasn't up. We kept going until we found a bunch of beings working outside of a cave. We began to fight them and then showed up a giant of another realm. One of our genius party members rushed him and set off a trap that transported us to his realm. We fought, we bled, etc.

Call of Duty
-There now that I've gotten all of that crap out of the way, it's time for CoD news. I prestiged again, putting me on my 5th. One particular match that comes to mind was in a mode that I don't really enjoy playing: Capture the Flag. The game type is pretty self explanatory, you run, grab the enemy flag, run back and repeat without dying in the process. One of my "teammates" was friends with the other team and I caught him purposely not shooting at them or hindering them from grabbing our flag. There are two rounds (and a bonus final death round if there's a tie). both rounds the score was 2 - 2 (out of three points to win) but I managed to thwart my conniving team mate, his friends and sink the final point in both rounds.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah. The Molasses Cookie. I could write a sonnet. Nice to have you back.

    ReplyDelete